DCF-compatible high-performance formatter
With DOPiX/Compose, you can format document data that was compiled for a specified page layout. DOPiX/Compose supports all common output formats, such as AFP, PDF, PDF/A and PCL. It has been especially designed for use in high-volume production environments with strict print control requirements.
With an ideal solution, you can quickly create documents both individually and in batches. The ideal solution has a name: DOPiX/Compose.
What is DOPiX/Compose?
DOPiX stands for DOcument Processing in eXcellence. DOPiX is a modular solution that complies with industry standards and is based on a heavily optimized, OS-independent code. DOPiX/Compose is a high-performance formatter that supports a variety of input and output formats.
Automatic document formatting
In batch mode, documents created with DOPiX or DCF (Document Composition Facility) are analysed using an input parser and formatted as finished documents with DOPiX/Compose. Using different output plugins, these formatted documents can be output as AFP, PDF, PCL and PostScript documents. In the formatting process, a resource manager integrates the required resources such as fonts, embedded images, graphics or overlays.
Easy control of output data stream
Using special keywords, you can control the output data stream to handle trays, simplex/duplex printing and overlays, or you control the output data stream using AFP Formdefs. With DOPiX/Compose, you can embed QR codes, barcodes, Data Matrix and other 2D barcodes and integrate index information for archiving and retrieving documents. You can therefore use DOPiX/Compose to generate documents, such as AFP documents, that have the same content as documents created with existing legacy applications.
Easy integration into existing environments
In addition to the conventional batch creation of documents, DOPiX/Compose may be used with an API together with DOPiX/Server for individual transactions in web applications. Integration into existing host environments (IMS and CICS transactions) is easily accomplished, making it very easy for you to use data and document templates to print both individual transactions and batches.
Properties of DOPiX/Compose
As well as importing structures and layouts in DCF format (including DCF logic, DCF macros and GML tags), DOPiX/Compose can integrate a huge variety of image formats and pdf documents into newly created documents.
Thanks to this approach, DOPiX/Compose acts as an interface between existing proprietary solutions and state-of-the-art, open systems. Supported output formats include PostScript, PDF, PCL as well as AFP, which plays an important role in centralized printing and archiving.
Advantages of DOPiX/Compose over Script/VS
- Much larger number of output formats
- Integration of graphics and PDFs, either into the entire document or into individual pages, including adding of other information
- Output of barcodes, QR codes, Data Matrix
- Creation of business charts
- Enhanced table functions, such as different lines for each cell, zebra pattern and many more
- Custom hyphenation rules for multilingual documents
- Creation of password-protected PDF files
- Creation of AFP overlays and page segments
- Offset for areas
- Transfer of graphics in DCF
- Splitting of output into multiple files
- Continuous development and enhancement with new features
Supported input formats
- AFP, PDF, TIF, JPG
- AFP outline, TrueType and Type 1 fonts
- Code pages
- Page segments
The DOPiX/Compose formatter engine provides both transaction and batch processing functionality.
- AFP (with NOPs and TLEs)
- PDF and PDF/A
- PCL, PostScript, SVG
- Raster image formats (TIFF, BMP, PCX, IOCA, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TGA)
- Direct output to viewer or browser
- Windows printer driver (GDI)
- Formatting based on open standards
- Embedding of QR codes, barcodes and Data Matrix
- Support of NOPs and TLEs if you use AFP as an output format
- Formatting of DCF-created documents
- Highly compatible with Script/VS
- Supports all common input and output formats
- Scalable for high-volume environments
- Supports all standard operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX, zLinux)